Boards in Gear covers the five main areas of strong board practice: Connection to cause, roles and responsibilities, how to build a great board, sustain a great board, and engage board members in fundraising. It anchors each unit in why it matters and provides helpful tools to help learners act on what they learn.
Boards in Gear is comprised of five chapters:
- Connection to Cause
- Composition & Development
- Board Operations
Boards in Gear works well for “a la carte” learning, or you can go through the entire course in sequence. Here’s what’s available in the course.
- On the Learning Documents page:
- The Boards in Gear kit, which is the PDF workbook you’ll use to follow along. After you complete the course, it makes a great reference document.
- Assessments, to help you figure out where you are
- A learning plan, to help you figure out where you are going
- On the Videos page:
- The introductory video
- One video for each of the five chapters
- A webinar video covering all of the chapters
- On the Templates & Sample Documents pages:
- Dozens of templates and documents that you can download and use for your own organization
- There are also five Documents & Links pages that offer these documents by chapter
- On the Interactive Learning page:
- The Boards in Gear game, a board game you can use to discuss what you’ve learned