In Let’s Go Legal, you’ll learn how your organization is like a car. For example, you need to register it with the state. When you drive on federal roads, you have to follow additional rules. Fundraising is like the fuel that moves your car forward. Your employees, the people in your car, matter. And your intellectual property is special, like the look and feel of your car.
Let’s Go Legal is comprised of five chapters:
- State Law
- Federal Law
- Intellectual Property
Let’s Go Legal works well for “a la carte” learning, or you can go through the entire course in sequence. Here’s what’s available in the course.
- On the Learning Documents page:
- The Let’s Go Legal kit, which is the PDF workbook you’ll use to follow along. After you complete the course, it makes a great reference document.
- Assessments, to help you figure out where you are
- A learning plan, to help you figure out where you are going
- On the Videos page:
- The introductory video
- One video for each of the five chapters
- On the Templates & Sample Documents pages:
- Dozens of templates and documents that you can download and use for your own organization
- On the Interactive Learning page:
- The Let’s Go Legal Interactive Graphic, which allows you to explore all the material in one graphic
- The Let’s Go Legal board game, which you can use to discuss what you’ve learned