Setting Up and Hosting a Virtual Event
- Presenter: Tom Lang, Director of e-Learning – Washington Nonprofits
- Length: 1 hour
- Date: September 17, 2020
Nearly everything is virtual these days. Whether you’re hosting a meeting, webinar, or other type of event, you want to make the logistical process of accessing and participating in the event as simple and easy as possible.
In this 60-minute webinar, Washington Nonprofits Director of e-Learning, Tom Lang, shares his years of experience planning and moderating webinars. Walk through the process of setting up a virtual meeting or webinar, from pre-event communications and webinar platform settings to virtual meeting etiquette and accessibility considerations.
You’ll leave this webinar with a clear understanding of what to do first, second, and third before your next virtual event starts.
After this webinar you will able to:
- Clearly communicate relevant logistical details to your attendees before and during your virtual event
- Identify the different ways to make your virtual event more accessible, and the benefits of incorporating accessibility into your event
- Choose which settings to turn off or on in order to maximize engagement and security for your event attendees
- Introduce common webinar etiquette and best practices to ensure a positive experience for your event attendees