A daylong workshop for leaders of small, all or mostly volunteer organizations wanting to learn the basics on how to deliver on your mission
Para estos recursos en español, haga clic aquí
Your organization exists to make a difference. A group of people got together—maybe including you—and founded a nonprofit corporation to tackle an important issue. That corporation is like a car. It has a shape and size, it needs to be registered, and the people in the car matter. You need fuel to propel it forward.
During Tools for Running an Effective Nonprofit, we will cover the basics of running a nonprofit. We will draw on tested tips and tools, including Washington Nonprofits’ four learning toolkits on boards, finance, law, and planning. You will leave with concrete next steps on how to strengthen your organization to better achieve your mission.
- Legal and finance information for compliance
- Program design
- Volunteer management
- Grant readiness
You will leave ready to:
- Define to others what success looks like for your organization
- Name one way your organization can be more sustainable
- Name two elements to track for legal and financial compliance and protection
- Explain how your programs tie back to your mission
- Describe how your organization understands overhead
- List at least two things that need to be in a volunteer or board job description
- Name one way your organization can raise money without spending any money
Presented through a partnership between Washington Nonprofits and the Office of the Secretary of State.
Vea las grabaciones del webinar aquí.