5 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Fundraising
- Presenter: Jim Shapiro, The Better Fundraising Co.
- Length: 1 hour
- Date: October 4, 2018
Your organization runs on donations and the generosity of others. Fundraising is key to achieving and growing your mission. It is important for everyone in your organization to understand the basic fundamentals of fundraising, from the CEO to the volunteers at your fundraiser.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Fundraising is a knowledge issue, not a talent issue. Learn what makes a person a great fundraiser.
- Donors don’t last forever. Learn why donor retention matters and how long a donor is likely to keep giving to you.
- Not every donor is equal. Understand the difference between a mass, mid, and major donor.
- How fundraising works with marketing, volunteer programs, and in-kind giving.
- The role your leadership team (Board, Executive Director, Program Staff) plays in fundraising.
Bonus: What you should do right now to prepare for the upcoming fundraising season.
WANT TO DIVE DEEPER?
Purchase the recordings and materials for the 2-part, 4-hour year-end fundraising course Ask, Thank, Report, Repeat